AviaHire has Video Proctoring options in an ATS! And How Smart Proctoring is Helping Online Screening of Candidates.
With advancements in technology, the interviewing and evaluation standard of the industry has evolved drastically. Companies have started conducting their own assessment for the skills of the candidate. This not only helps the company find the right candidate it also gives the candidate an idea of where to improve on. And How Smart Proctoring is Helping Online Screening
Most of the companies have contracted expensive testing centers to conduct the assessment for their interviews. These centers have fixed testing facilities to which the company books timeslots for the assessment to be undertaken by the candidate. The whole process requires continuous communication between the candidate and the company to the testing facility.
This trend has started to subside, newer and better options have pooled in the market to compete with the inefficient, expensive & cumbersome testing facility idea.
What is the better option?
Shifting the exam deliverance method to a new standard. A convenient, efficient, and economical way which is sometimes even paired free with the system is moving Invigilation online.
There are many benefits of moving invigilation online as an exam delivery method, for both the organization delivering exams and the exam candidates.
What are the Benefits for Candidates?
- Candidates enjoy greater flexibility about when they can sit their exam. Because the exam provider isn’t confined to one specific exam day but can offer an “exam window” of a few days in which to sit the exam, they can pick a time that suits them.
- Candidates have the convenience of choosing where to sit their exam, avoiding having to take time off work to travel to a test center.
- Candidates benefit by being able to sit their exams in the comfort of their own home or office. This is more relaxing than being in the test center, and a familiar and quiet environment helps them to concentrate during the exam.
- There is the added advantage of privacy when giving your exam online. Professional people prefer not to be seen in a busy test center sitting an exam but to complete it in the privacy of their own office.
- Similar to other online exams, candidates can work on a computer as they would in their normal working lives. This avoids an aching hand when trying to write for hours, and allows the use of online tools such as spreadsheets and text editors.
How does it help the organization?
- It enables organizations to eliminate the need to arrange in-person invigilators and test centers, which removes a huge administrative burden. This is especially true when trying to run test centers in more remote locations around the world. This is How Smart Proctoring is Helping Online Screening
- Exams can be run more frequently — instead of concentrating all the exams onto a few big exam days, exams can be run more often and closer to the period of tuition.
- Online invigilation enables the organization to scale worldwide — to run more exams and with a greater geographical reach.
- There is also the benefit of increased security, as it is very hard to cheat when an unseen invigilator is viewing you constantly via a large video screen, who is checking your ID and your environment, and watching for any infringements. If serious infringements occur, they can remove access to the exam if required. With certain types of online invigilation, the exam is recorded, and if there are any issues that arise, the examining body can review the video at any stage afterward.
- The benefit of reducing pressure on exam hall space at key times of the year is very important to universities, so remote invigilation is becoming more popular as a way of running faculty exams.
Growth of Video Proctoring
- Maintaining the integrity of an organization’s exams and to prevent cheating
- Candidates looking for increasing flexibility in exam options
- Organizations wish to provide an alternative to having to travel to a test center
- Reduce pressure on exam hall space at key times of the year
- The difficulty of sourcing new test centers or exam partners in remote locations
- Wider variety of questions and answers that can be used in exams
- Reduction of logistical issues around managing paper exams and secure couriers
- Easier to manage security around marking results moderation, and storage of completed papers and results
Recruiting with video proctoring using an ATS?
There are only a select few options in the market that give the user the flexibility to choose their own test. Most of the facilities had their own generic tests which help the company get an idea of the candidates’ knowledge. AviaHire’s Video Proctored testing options are giving the user to record the video of the candidate and save it as a form of a document attached to the candidate’s profile.
Not only tests which involve answering questions by selecting options or typing the answer, but AviaHire also has the additional option to create a question to which candidates have to record their video in the form of an answer. This is How Smart Proctoring is Helping Online Screening.
This feature not only helps the recruiter get an idea of the candidate’s confidence while answering a question but the response and accuracy of the answer. To get such features with an ATS that sources candidates for your job requirement with just a click, and to have such screening options available is itself a big indicator to shift to a better ATS.
Extremely handy and useful for conducting mass recruitment drives where the economical factor of renting a testing facility incomparable. Why do all that when one system can do all the sourcing, screening, scheduling, collaborating for decision making and so much more that too by seamlessly integrating with other companies in the tech industry?
To know more about AviaHire ATS, request a demo today.
If you liked the blog please hit the 👏 button share it with more people.
For more interesting blogs on Applicant Tracking System and current happenings in the HR world follow us here and on LinkedIn!