It is wise to consider integrating the ATS with existing HRIS systems or even obtaining a new ATS system and implementing both systems at the same time if none are in place.
The decision to purchase and implement an applicant tracking system (ATS) is often met with excitement from recruiters and HR managers. An ATS can make the hiring process much easier and can increase hiring standards. When devising the implementation plan, it is wise to consider integrating the ATS with existing HRIS systems or vice- versa. Also, implementing both the systems at the same time if none are in place. Read this blog to find out how integrating ATS with HRIS proves to be powerful.
An applicant tracking system (ATS) can make your hiring process vastly more efficient. Integrating an ATS with your existing HRIS systems is essential because separate HR systems can make life extremely difficult. The human resources team won’t want to deal with multiple platforms and the potential of duplicate or wrong data entry for every update.
How HRIS-ATS integration impact recruiter’s productivity?
- If requisition data is better integrated, the recruiter does far less work upfront to manage initial requisition information, thus saving valuable time to recruit.
- If hire data is seamlessly feeding back to the HRIS from the ATS, chances are the processes that need to be optimized — like the entire onboarding process — can be completed more quickly and favorably impress a newly hired recruit!
- If the two systems are integrated, then HR managers, who are often estranged from accessing real-time data, can access HRIS and can skip picking up the phone to call the recruiter for a requisition report from the ATS.
- If uniform information is used as much as possible in both systems, employees applying to open positions can rely on familiar terms and data in the hiring process to help facilitate better communications and easier application processes.
- If important hire data feeds into the HRIS then recruiting managers and HR can have the benefit of analyzing data that is uniquely collected in both systems, such as comparing performance review with the source of hire information(ATS), or retention rates by the recruiter (HRIS) assigned.
Benefits of HRIS and ATS Integration
1. Eliminate Redundant Data Entry and Duplicate Processes
By connecting your ATS and HRIS, your staff can order and retrieve the data and reports with the push of a button. This will save valuable time by eliminating the need to login to an outside website to order and retrieve reports, as well as the duplication of data entry, and errors that sometimes result from this process.
AviaHire’s ATS is pre-integrated with almost every commercial HR platform on the market and has seamlessly integrated with scores of other private, internal HRIS platforms.
2. Ease of Data Transfer with Integration
When an ATS is not integrated with an HRIS, the issue begins as soon as someone successfully moves through the hiring process and becomes an employee. When the systems are different, it is not possible to simply export the data from the ATS into the HRIS, all information must be manually entered. This increases the risk of information entry errors and directly uses HR labor hours that could be better spent on more lucrative or productive tasks.
By integrating HRIS and ATS, it is possible to directly transfer information from one system to another. This increased transparency and fluidity can have many benefits.
3. Cross Referencing Reporting Abilities
Patterns in hiring and recruiting may turn out to have an impact on things like employee retention, productivity, and satisfaction. Metrics that show retention and productivity can be easily compared and cross-referenced with information about specific keywords applied through the ATS and other recruitment strategies and tools, it may be possible to optimize processes and analyze the impact of changes.
4. Increased Compliance
Keeping all of your data on one platform reduces the potential for private or protected information to be breached. This eliminates email transmission, or the need to maintain a separate set of credentials required to login to an outside system to download background screening reports. Even reports that are faxed back to you can sit in the open for prying eyes to see.
When the information is transmitted between your ATS or HRIS system the information remains encrypted and secure. You can leverage the same internal access controls that govern your HR information to also control who sees and reviews these reports.
Other Benefits Include
Synergy — If requisition data is integrated, it takes less work to handle initial requisition information. If the systems are united, hiring managers can self-serve on an accessible HRIS and access requisition data in real-time.
HR Satisfaction — With the positive effects of ATS and HRIS integration, many clients report an impact on factors such as employee retention, output, and job satisfaction.
Save on Time — Integrating an ATS with your existing HRIS can save time, money, and headaches down the line.
Increased Understanding — Integration is a significant opportunity for HR staff to have the advantage of analyzing data that is exclusively collected in both systems. For example, linking a performance review with retention rates by a recruiter assigned to the source of hire data.
Since purchasing and implementing an ATS is a big decision in itself, key decision-makers may be hesitant to add extra difficulty by agreeing to integrate HRIS and ATS right away. But some ATSs like AviaHire have built-in HRIS integration, to help companies that use existing HRIS systems. By using some of the above information to estimate a potential ROI that decision-makers can review, it may be possible to show in real numbers how integrating systems may make sense to the bottom line. While it may be tough to estimate the financial impact of things like data entry errors, you can add up saved labor hours and estimate savings from improvements in retention to help make the case for integration. Request a demo with AviaHire that has pre-integration with most of the top HR tools in the market.
For more interesting blogs on Applicant Tracking System and current happenings in the HR world follow us here and on LinkedIn!