What is a hybrid organization?
It is an organization whose structure consists of both vertical and horizontal models. It is also known as matrix structure. This is a framework that has multiple reporting structures. It combines functional and product structures. Employees are required to work on many projects and report to multiple managed under a hybrid organization.
What are the advantages of hybrid organization?
- Increased efficiency
- Development of cross-functional skills
- Better organization
- Maximum utilization of resources
What are the disadvantages of hybrid organization?
- Conflicts between corporate departments and divisions
- Too much administration overhead
- Greater communication complexity