What is a Job Description?
A Job Description is a written description of a job that includes information regarding the work to be performed, the roles and responsibilities, duties, and the qualifications required for the role. A good job description should provide candidates with information regarding what is expected of them in the position.
Importance of writing Job Descriptions
- Helps in attracting the right employees
- Helps guide training
- Assists in retention and satisfaction
- Helps gauge performance after the candidate is hired
What should be included in a Job Description?
- Title with the name and a brief description of the job
- The purpose which indicates why the job exists
- The responsibilities
- The required qualifications and skills
- Education level that is required
- Preferred skills
- Required experience