What is Occupational Stress?
Occupational stress refers to the continuous stress and employee experiences due to the workplace environment, conditions, responsibilities, or other pressures at their workplace. This term is now commonly used in the professional business industry.
Major causes of occupational stress
- Strict policies in the organization
- Conflicts among individuals
- Lack of support from HR departments
- Poor time management
- Lack of opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Lack of guidance or direction
- Work overload
- Threats of termination or lay off
- Loss of wages, pay cuts or benefits